The Institute has been started by the Shipbuilding Industries in Goa and it has a very good Institute-Industry Interaction.
record of I I I :
Institute Industry Interaction started on the day Institute began. Visits by experts from Industry as visiting
faculty on regular basis gave a special touch to this aspect. Major characteristics are mentioned below:
- Institute run by Industries hence ideal interaction exists.
- Industrial Experts participate in Curriculum Development exercise as and when
undertaken by Institute.
- Assist Institute in developing Laboratories
- Participate in Evaluation
- Accept students for Inplant Training, Field Visits.
- More than 50% Project Work is Industry based
- Donates unserviceable Equipments/Components for use of Institute
- Extends facilities for
- Industries look forward at Institute as a nodal center for Information
- Industry extensively uses Institute Library facilities
- Industry donates old issues of Magazines to Institute Library
- Institute has provided space for the office of Institute of Marine
direct access to well experienced and well placed Marine Engineers, which also permits
access to Industry where they serve.
- Industries keep Institute informed of development at industrial front.
- Offer Guidance in constant search for Excellence
- Material Testing Laboratory is a busy laboratory, meeting the continuous
demand of the quality material-testing requirement of the Industry.
- Workshop undertakes Job Work.
- Several Continuing Education Programmes devised and conducted for the
industry personnel at various levels